Conde Brothers Guitars.
To speak of Hermanos Conde is to speak of Paco de Lucía, Moraito Chico, Pepe Habichuela, Cepero, and an infinite list of first-rate artists
And precisely this is the secret of the firm, Hermanos Conde knew how to print a distinctive, distinctive sound on their guitars, which made the best guitarists want to play with their guitars
Conde Brothers Guitars
The beginnings of the signing of Guitarras Hermanos Conde go back to the teacher Domingo Esteso, this guitar maker was born in Cuenca in 1882.
After working in Manuel Ramirez’s workshop with guitar makers such as Enrique Garcia and Santos Hernandez, it was not until 1915 that he decided to become independent and opened his workshop in Madrid with his wife Nicolasa Salamanca who helped him varnishing the guitars. Years later and already being a renowned guitar player, he taught the secrets of this art to his nephews Julio, Faustino and Mariano Conde, who worked with his uncle in the same workshop until his death in 1937. After the death of Domingo Esteso the guitars were renamed «widow and nephews of Domingo Esteso», and when they died they were renamed «nephews of Domingo Esteso», to end up being «Hermanos Conde nephews of Domingo Esteso».
This era was the most prolific of the firm for the Conde brothers since the vast majority of professionals of the time demanded their guitars. In 1960, the «crescent» head was generalized in first-rate guitars and changes were made to the insoles and interior braces as well as new rosettes and mosaics. During the seventies, the sons of Mariano, Felipe and Mariano Conde entered the workshop, becoming Brother Count successors nephews of Esteso. In 1980 Mariano Conde decided to become independent and open his own workshop on Calle Felipe V with his sons Felipe and Mariano, while Faustino Conde stayed at the workshop on Calle Gravina until his death in 1988.
After the death of their father in 1989, Felipe and Mariano Conde took over the workshop, maintaining the Conde Hermanos signature, whose popularity spread throughout the world.
In 2010 the two brothers decided to separate, each opening his own workshop, Felipe Conde on Calle Arrieta (see Felipe Conde guitars) and Mariano Conde on Calle Amnistia in Madrid, where they continue the guitar tradition with their own name as a signature. .